How is your experience on the board?
- You approve proposals you don’t really understand
- The Executive Director runs the board meetings
- Most of the meeting is spent on administrative details
- You feel like you just rubberstamp your CEO’s initiatives
- You have very little idea whether you are doing a good job
- Your board sort of uses the Carver Policy Governance® model
272-3336 Portage Avenue
A Case Study
He was the founder of a mission organization; establishing it with friends who agreed to sit on his board. Some were happy to provide support, encouragement and funds for the ministry. A few believed it was their responsibility to question travel costs, or hold the reins on administrative salaries or explore the extent of cell phone contracts. The board members were his friends, but the frictio...
FYI - The Difference Between Owners and Consumers
November 26, 2014When I work with church boards who are looking at implementing Policy GovernanceŽ I often hear the comment "But the church is different". This FYI is a chapter from a book I am in the process of writing. In it you may be surprised to discover that your church has owners and consumers. You just need ......